The hebrew words for 'aromatic reed' which is included in a recipe for anointing oil given to the Israelites by God through Moses.
The holy anointing oil described in Exodus 30:22-25
- Pure myrrh (מר דרור mar deror) 500 shekels (about 6 kg)
- Sweet cinnamon (קינמון בשם kinnemon besem) 250 shekels (about 3 kg)
- Kaneh bosem (קְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם kaneh bosm) 250 shekels (about 3 kg)
- Cassia (קדה kiddah) 500 shekels (about 6 kg)
- Olive oil (שמן זית shemen zayit) one hin (about 5 quarts according to Adam Clarke; about 4 liters according to Shiurei Torah, 7 liters according to the Chazon Ish